If you’re in the market for a new veterinary scrub sink or surgical scrub sink, you may not know where to start when it comes to comparing sink styles, attributes or manufacturers.
Perhaps we can help with our simple guidelines for choosing a great sink that will perform well, provide a sanitary environment and last for years and years.
The design engineers at TriStar Vet got together to make your selection process easier. Here’s our list of 5 things every veterinary scrub sink must have:
- Stainless steel 304 – In the veterinary and medical worlds, the industrial material called stainless steel 304 is the ideal material for sinks. Why? According to an article on Azom.com, the A to Z of Materials: “Not only does Stainless Steel 304 offer high strength, it is also extremely workable, with the ability to be deep drawn into shape without the need for annealing (heating and cooling to “toughen up” the material), making 304 perfect for the manufacture of bowls, sinks, pans and a range of different medical vessels and hollow ware.” TriStar veterinary scrub sinks are made of Stainless Steel 304.
- 16-gauge stainless steel – The lower the steel gauge, the heavier it is. Thick, sturdy 16-gauge stainless steel provides exceptional durability, which means no warping. If you check around, you’ll find that some sink manufacturers boast “thick 20-gauge stainless steel.” Trust us, this is not as strong or durable as 16-gauge, and you’d see the difference in just a couple of years of use. TriStar veterinary scrub sinks are made of 16-gauge Stainless Steel 304.
- Welded seams – Hand welded and polished seams stay strong after years of use. No screws or other hardware to become loose and cause leaking. No cracking or gapping. Welded seams simply STAY smooth, strong and sanitary. All TriStar veterinary scrub sinks are approved by the National Sanitation Foundation because their welded corners support a completely germ-free environment.
- High backsplash – If you’d rather not worry about water damage on your walls, you’ll want to choose veterinary scrub sinks with a high back splash. The higher, the better. Add “backsplash height” to your checklist as you compare sinks. TriStar veterinary scrub sinks are made with high 6” back splash protects your walls.
- Radius corners – Radius corners wipe clean every time. That’s because radius corners are slightly rounded. No tight, sharp little corners to trap dirt. TriStar veterinary scrub sinks are designed with ¾” radius corners for quick, easy and thorough cleaning.
The next time you’re looking to purchase veterinary scrub sinks or surgical sinks, check off these 5 must-haves as you consider various models and companies.
Do you need assistance in choosing among the many scrub sinks… or do you need a custom size? Contact us at email@example.com or 877.459.7827 for assistance or leave a comment below.